The Elements of Getting an HOA Landscaping Bid
There’s a reason your neighborhood has a homeowners’ association. It’s because as a community, you take great pride in the way that your yards look. You want your lawns to be mowed and your beds to be weeded. It’s important that the trees are trimmed and that there are no overgrown hedges. While the HOA is in charge of regulating the rules of the yards in the area, they rarely handle the maintenance themselves. Instead, typically a landscaping company is hired to ensure that all of the neighborhood yards meet the standards. When looking for the right company to handle your HOA lawn maintenance in Alpharetta, there are a few things to consider.
- What do you need to have done? Before you can start the bidding process, it’s important that you know exactly what the HOA fees cover. Some HOAs expect the maintenance company to handle the landscaping needs of each of the front yards in the area, while others only need the common areas done. Make a list of everything you expect to be completed by your hired maintenance company before seeking bids.
- The size of the job should match the size of the company. For example, if you have a hundred homes that are part of the HOA contract, it’s important that you hire a company with enough resources to handle that job. Smaller companies may not have the equipment or the manpower to be able to keep up with such a large-scale job.
- There are dozens of landscaping companies in the area that would be more than happy to accept your business. However, it’s important to check references and reviews. If a company has managed a large HOA contract in the past, they may have pictures and references. Take the time to call previous clients and ask them about their experiences with each prospective company. Then, look at pictures and get online to check reviews before proceeding.
- Find a company that has been in business for a while. When narrowing down the landscaping companies you’re seeking a bid from, ask them how much experience they have. Be wary of any landscapers that have been in business for less than a year. You need a company that has experience in dealing with HOAs.
- Ask them to visit the properties and give you a quote. Before a landscaping company can give you a bid for your maintenance needs, it’s important that they see the area. Schedule a time to walk through your community with them. Discuss your possible contract and make sure they understand exactly what needs to be done.
- Set the parameters of your contract. A proper landscaping bid will not only cover the costs of the maintenance, but also the frequency of the service. For example, do you expect the lawn to be mowed once or twice a week? During the fall, will the removal of leaves also be handled by the maintenance company? These guidelines make it easier for a company to give you a bid on your HOA needs.
Getting HOA property landscape bids in Alpharetta, GA, is a process. It takes time and dedication to find the right company for the job. With these helpful tips from the pros, your community will find the right business to keep your area looking beautiful.